Why Home Checks Are Important: The Pipe Story
One of our regular house cleaning clients booked visits to care for their cat every time they were away from home. This went on for years, and then the elderly cat passed on. When booking a long weekend ski trip in February, they didn't book pet sit visits. They didn't realize that the house needs checking also!
Their teenage son left a bathroom window partly open before they left. When the temps dropped that night, pipes froze in the bathroom. By the time they got home Sunday night, the bathroom floor had collapsed onto the TV in the living room. The water was still gushing, the basement was flooded, the washer and dryer ruined. Their insurance claim was denied because their home had been vacant, without checks, for more than 48 hours in winter. One $22 home check visit would have saved them thousands of dollars. The pipe may still have burst before our visit, but we would have turned off the water and limited the damage. And our visit would keep them compliant with their home insurance policy.
We have cared for homes for a weekend, a week, or an entire season. We provide plant care, mail collection, and peace of mind. Find out what your home insurance policy requires, and we will establish a visit schedule to meet your needs.
Why Choose Concierge for Home Checks:
- Staff check in and out with GPS and time stamps.
- Receive visit reports to your email. Photos also provided upon request.
- Plant care - watering, feeding, turning.
- Mail collection - from your mailbox or the community box.
- Mail forwarding is available as an add-on.
- Visual inspection of windows, ceiling, furnace, water tank.
- Empty/refill dehumidifiers/humidifiers.
- Lights - changing lights, adjusting timers.
- Insured and bonded staff covered by Workers Compensation Insurance.
Schedule us to visit your home and have peace of mind. Available all year round.
Fees are $20 - $25 + HST per visit depending your location. Additional fees may apply for statutory holidays or for out of boundary areas.